Allium Executive Chef Sean Murray has invited winemakers Rajat Parr and Michael Kennedy, as well as Nduja Artisans, to participate in his next chef series event on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 6:00 pm at the restaurant inside Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
The five-course dinner menu is as follows:
· Nduja arancini, remoulade
· Lobster and mushroom bacon
· Paired with Sandhi Sparkling Rose 2012
· Little gem lettuces, bresaola, fennel, radish, harissa bread crumbs
· Paired with Component Semillon, Napa Valley, 2014
· New Bedford scallops, apple butter, hazelnuts, speck, watercress
· Paired with Sandhi Bentrock Chardonnay 2014 and Seven Springs "Summum" Chardonnay 2014
· Fresh zucca pasta, delicata squash, brown butter, provolone, crispy brussels sprouts
· Paired with Domaine de la Cote "La Cote" Pinot Noir 2014 and Seven Springs "Anden" Pinot Noir 2014
· Dry aged duck breast, duck and pancetta sausage, parsnip, preserved cherry, tarragon, almond
· Paired with Component Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2014 and Component Cabernet Franc, Napa Valley, 2014
Fifth Course: Dessert
· Braised pear financier, almond praline, caramel, star anise ice cream
Price for this multi-course dinner is USD 65 per person and USD 35 for wine pairing. Call Allium for reservations at 312 799 4900.
Nduja Artisans is a Chicago-based salumeria founded by Agostino and Antonio Fiasche who recreated the original ‘nduja, the typical salumi for his hometown in Calabria. Today, the company produces many other top quality products – from wagyu bresaola to spreadable black truffle salami. Soon, they will open Tempesta Market, a deli and eatery.
Before starting his own wineries in Oregon and California, Rajat Parr oversaw the wine program of the Michael Mina restaurant group. With a winemaking philosophy of little to no manipulation of the final product, Parr is a partner with Sandhi Wines, a small production California winery. Along with his business partner, Sashi Moorman, he produces pinot noir and chardonnay exclusively under Lompoc, Domaine de la Cote, and Evening Land productions. An ardent wine educator, Parr is also one of the James Beard award-winning authors of the book Secrets of the Sommeliers: How to Think and Drink Like the World’s Top Wine Professionals.
"Component Wine Company is a unique new concept for Napa Valley," remarked the company's founder, Michael Kennedy. "First, we are proud of being a négociant, working with incredible partners and friends in the valley to create our wines. Second, we don't blend. We keep these incredible wines, including cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc, petit verdot and semillon, separate from a blend, allowing you to experience them in their raw natural state."
Formerly the head sommelier for Cayman Cookout, Blue by Eric Ripert and the Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, Michael Kennedy and his wife, Rachel, started their winery in Napa Valley, Component Wine Company. Component, a boutique négociant, produces 100% varietal wines that would otherwise have been blended into iconic Napa wines. The winery has been featured in Forbes, Bloomberg, Food & Wine Magazine and Barron’s.
"We are thrilled to join Chef Sean Murray and his culinary team, along with Rajat Parr to bring some game-changing wines to Chicago," finished Kennedy. "Murray mirrors our beliefs on eating and drinking: ingredients are handled and executed in a way that highlights quality over pretension."